our mission & Belief
New Life Community Baptist Church Mission,
The mission of the New Life Community Baptist Church is to reach the unsaved and to bring restoration to those that have been down trodden, brokenhearted and rejected.
Jesus declared in Luke 4:18 (KJV) “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”
We have come together to assist the people of the community by:
• Providing a disciplined Christian atmosphere within the community for parents to rear their children;
• Providing avenues of spiritual recovery to those bound and scarred by life;
• Openly preaching the Good News of salvation to this community and beyond;
• Providing an educational and counseling medium for the growth of Spirituality within the community
God has called us to recover those that lack life skills. Those that have been viewed as non-contributors in our society through neglect, drugs, abuse, crime and foolish youthful mistakes. Most of these activities are in progress and others are set for implementation as the ministry grows.
From Scripture we believe the following doctrinal affirmation:
•We believe in the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired, and the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice.
• We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
•We believe in the Virgin birth, the sinless perfection, the bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven of Jesus Christ, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
•We believe man was created in the image of God, that he disobeyed God, and thereby incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and also physical death as a consequence; and that all the Adamic race are born in sin and are sinners by nature and practice.
•We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a vicarious, substitution sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
•We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
•We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
•We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
•We believe the Church is an elect company of believers baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body; its mission is to witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the gospel among all nations; it will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air when He appears to set up his kingdom.
•We believe the grace of God to be sufficient for the maintenance of a Godly walk, and that Christ and not the law is the believer’s rule of life.
The Good News
• Romans 3:23: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
• Ephesians 1:7: "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace."
• John 3:16: "He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."
• God's forgiveness is available but not automatic. Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven."
• Ephesians 2:8-9: "By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift - not from works, so that no one can boast.
Turn to Jesus
• Luke 13:3: "Unless you repent, you will all perish as well!"
• John 14:6: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
• Romans 10:9-10: "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation."
• John 14:3: "If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also."
• John 10:10: "I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance."
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ. At this moment I want to acknowledge before you that I am a sinner, and I freely offer up repentance for my sins and for the life that I have lived; I ask for your forgiveness.
I believe, Father, that Jesus Christ is your only Son and that he went to Calvary and shed His precious blood on the cross and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.
The Bible says in Romans 10:9 that if I confess the Lord our God and believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, I shall be saved.
So right now God, I profess and confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With all my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
In this prayer Father, at this very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.
Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.
Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.